Monday, December 7, 2009

Everything Old is New Again


I am smiling right now because the gift I was going to surprise my daughter with arrived early and she called begging to open it...I caved, as she is a persuasive child. And then moments later I get the exuberant phone call that she has "made a record work!" and in the background I can hear the chorus of Mrs. Robinson...cucu cachoo...my old LP's will find new life as she tranfers them to CD with the Music Writer she asked for and I was only too happy to buy. I did warn her that many of the old records she found in the basement have been played to within an inch of their useful life...but I can't wait to get home and share these scratchy memories with her...

1 comment:

MJ Burke said...

Post Script
While my daughter found the hissing, scrtchy, tinny sound to be authentic and charming, I was appreciative of how great cd's really are...