Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye to Bad Rubbish


My Nana, (the woman for whom I am named) said "Goodbye to Bad Rubbish" whenever we lost something we cared for that wasn't good for us...stuff, habits, people. It was a saying meant to show that we were better off somehow for the loss. She was right about some of the stuff, most of the habits, and a few of the people.
As this year and decade draw to a close, I am compelled to repeat her words, with a few notable exceptions. The decade was not a happy one for me, not that I knew I was unhappy through most of it, just the way it played out...apparently I was miserable. So, goodbye to bad rubbish...and farewell to some really good people.
Several goodbyes were tough, my sister, my marriage, my home...several hellos were a salve to those wounds...God and Newsong and all of the wonderful people there; Sage Elizabeth Holden, my beautiful granddaughter; Roxanne... I don't know how we just met this decade as we have travelled in the same circles since we were teenagers, but so glad we did... I know I am leaving out so many wonderful things and people here, but the point is, that whenever we lose something, it empties our hands to recieve...that is how awesome God is...so on to 2010 and the new decade...and a new chance to overcome the past.

No comments: