Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Day 1 Retrospective


The day began with the unusual occurrence of having slept in...8:44 to be exact. Our overnight guests were just rising and we shared a hearty breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon and waffles...this will be the last post that discusses food for awhile...If I am successful at my goal of 25lbs shed in 90 days...I will not have a great deal to talk about on that subject. After a morning of indecision, we loaded ourselves into the SUV and drove to Boston for a day at the Museum of Science...I would like to mention that one needs a degree in cartography to navigate the place...we wandered aimlessly for a good hour before finding our stride with the exhibits. A brief power nap during the Planetarium exhibit "Journey to the Edge of Space and Time" (I journeyed to slack-jawed zzzzs almost as soon as I reclined in my seat) rejuvenated me enough to get enthusiastic about the Harry Potter exhibit. If you are a fan... it is a great take, if not...its a pricey look at costumes and props.I loved it, and was reminded of a young man I know who probably did too...I am sure he's been at least once already. Two things I found amusing at the MOS...the Transparent Woman has been on display at the Museum for over 40 years...I remember going on a special field trip when she was a new arrival...she had her own room and presenter...it was cutting edge technology and we 3rd graders were all a little giddy looking at the insides of her plastic breasts and reproductive system ...now the poor old woman has a corner of the Human Body hall and she seems sort of pathetic when her organs light up. And the second amusement came in the form of a mullet...a really long mullet...you really would have had to be there.
Some more indecision and hunger pangs and then off to Regina's...if you are really hungry and don't want to spend an arm and a leg...Regina's rocks. Try the eggplant rollatini...mmmmm. Two attitude-adjusting cosmos and a big salad improved my mood, but reminded me of the year end revelry the night before and my need for sleep. Headed home with my guests and fell asleep within moments of climbing into bed...all in all a great 1st day of a new decade...I was kept busy and distracted...no time to remember why I hate this day...thanks to Anna, Roxanne and Gary...I love you.

No comments: