Thursday, October 29, 2009

"All with love...L... O... V... E." Michael Jackson, after correcting mistakes by his dancers in rehearsal


Last night I attended the release of THIS IS IT, the Michael Jackson documentary that reveals that in the last days of his life, Michael was as fit and fine as he'd ever been. His dancing was, as usual, phenomenal, his voice spot on...his attitude upbeat and professional. The weird thing was how not weird he seemed. Yes, his face had a Jokeresque look about it, the tattoos on his eyes and lips accentuated the weird jaw and prosthetic nose...but truthfully, he didn't look as weird as I'd seen him in recent years. He was so ON...I can't imagine that the man at these rehearsals was the same man who had insomnia so bad he needed anesthesia to fall asleep.
Two things jumped out at me...1.The dancers and singers involved in this production must be DEVASTATED...the chance of a lifetime...they had it in their hands...and then...they didn't. Reminds me of a baseball game I watched recently.
2. Michael Jackson was a really sweet person...patient and kind and giving in his performances...I don't want to get into a big debate about his sexual proclivities...he did not come off as the type of person who would harm another person if he could help it...that is my take on the guy...you can have your own opinion.
The one inarguable fact about Michael is that he was unique. The world lost an amazing artist who cannot be replaced.

No comments: