Saturday, October 24, 2009

Off with Her Head!


Last week I took another trip down the rabbit hole, not unwillingly, mind you...
but,in fairness, I had been coaxed.
I ate a mushroom laced with all the right words and happily followed a carrot dangling from a stick all the way down.
The tea party was in full swing when I arrived bearing gifts and a hopeful spirit. The Mad Hatter was oh so pleased to see me.
The beautiful blond Princesses in attendance were but a foreshadowing of the wise and lovely silver-haired matriarchs around the table.
The conversation bordered on a small-scale military offensive, and I became surprisingly aware of my moderate nature. I enjoyed the insanity of it all.


The boy with the magic wand had a song on his lips and he serenaded me on the ride home. "Till now I always got by on my own. I never really cared until I met you."

I didn't realize I was about to lose my head at the whim of the Queen of the Mad Hatter's heart.


This time the climb back out of the hole has proven to be a bit less rewarding than my last ascent over a year ago. Then, I could not wait to be back in the real world and to leave the pain of failures and lost loved ones behind me...this time, not so much.
The Mad Hatter is not quite mad, just a little freaked out and damaged in places. The Boy has magic in his heart and the Princesses rule their kingdom with light and laughter.

I hope the effects of the shroom don't wear off too quickly...trips like this one have a way of reminding you that you are alive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Smile. You are REALLY good.