Monday, October 13, 2008

Grateful Mornings

An old, dear friend reminded me of something last night...it isn't about what you don't have...or what you are missing...its about thanking the universe every day for the many things you do.
For about a six month stretch the year before my husband left, I began each day waking up and thanking God for the wonderful abundant life I was living and the many gifts he had given me in the day to come...that's right, I thanked him in advance..I "acted as if" I had been the recipient of everything I wanted from that day...and do you know what? I was happier than I had been in years. I smiled more, got more accomplished, had less stress, and loved my family more...I won't go into why I stopped...suffice it to say, I allowed negative energy from outside of myself to pollute my positive attitude.
Today, I am reclaiming my grateful nature.
I am so grateful and happy that I live in abundance. I am so grateful and happy that my sadness has been lifted from my heart. I am so grateful and happy to be living the life I was meant to live...
Try it for a week...wake up and smile before your feet hit the ground...give thanks... and have a wonderful day!

No comments: