Friday, October 17, 2008

ITS BECOMING COMICAL

So one day last spring, when I was facing one of the many difficulties that had presented itself to me over the first few months of what will go down in my history as the single most horrendous year of my life, I looked to the heavens and cried "What else? What? Is that all you got?" Oh how I regret that challenge to the universe...because as it turns out, that wasn't all it had...not by a long shot.
But, here I am this morning...actually laughing again in the face of Disaster. I am down...to be sure... but never ever count me out. Its not who I am...it will never be who I am.
I wake this morning to many things to be grateful for...not the least of which is comeback baseball...
I laugh and smile and give thanks for my life, my family, the abundance I have in the midst of adversity....thank you

2 comments:

Roxie said...

You my friend make weebles look bad! You stun me, and inspire me. Hurry up and get that summary done because you truly are a woman Warrior and women everywhere should benefit from your inspiration. But I swear . . . Damn it girl sometimes I just want you to get bitter . . .and spiteful and start throwin it back! LMAO . . .perhaps that's why God threw me into your path? LOL yeah that's it MY role is to be the bitter spiteful girlfriend! Got ya covered Woman! *evil laughter*

MJ Burke said...

Bitter party of one? Right this way...trust me...I have no lack of bitterness. In fact, sometimes I think it may be all I have left...and that is a bad thought.
I am making a conscious decision not to dwell on the anger anymore...it is not healthy and does not hurt anyone but myself and and my kids...he could care les...and indeed...my continuing anger just gives him justification..."see what a b*#@h she is?"