Friday, January 8, 2010

23 Years Ago Today...











Twenty three years ago today my life was forever changed for the better when my daughter Sabina was born. She came into the world like she has come to live in it...easy, casually. She didn't even cry when she was born and the doctor slapped her to get her to take that first important breath. I have written about this before, many times...but she just looked at me for what seemed like an eternity when your baby is not breathing, and then she sucked in a breath and let out a sigh...no cry, no drama.
Sabina's life since then has had some drama...but each experience has made her who she is today, a beautiful, grounded, loving person. Someone who knows who she is and what she needs...and did I mention that she is funny? She has the best sense of humor; a little twisted and so sarcastic...she's mine alright...
Sabina is a great mother to her own daughter...and I could not be prouder of the way she is taking the opportunity to stay home and raise this cherub. Sabina is strong, smart, and good. I love her more than mere words can convey and will always be grateful God blessed me with this beautiful gift.

No comments: