Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 10 review...Chicken or the Egg?


I recently made a few resolutions for the new year, one of which was to lose some weight. Nine days in to that endeavor, I am down a total of 3 lbs. I am not excited about that figure, because I have felt completely deprived during these past nine days (with the exception of Saturday and Sunday, when I indulged in two or more helpings of Doc's famous Chicken and Trees).
Part of my frustration comes in the form of a couple of friends who have recently dropped a significant amount of weight. Both people claim to have adopted healthier lifestyles, and I am sure I should try that. My daughter bought me an Ipod for Christmas to eliminate my "boring" excuse for not getting on the treadmill, conveniently located in our basement...she even tried to arrange for some heat down there. I used it one day with the benefit of tunes and enjoyed it so much I set my alarm for a repeat the next morning...I got up, threw on the sweats, and sneaks, popped on my Ipod and sat on my comfy couch and listened to music for over an hour...where is my motivation? This brings me back to my two friends, each of whom has the added push of the L word going for them...I will not embarrass either of them by naming them, but they know who they are...one looks the same as she did twenty years ago...and the other, well I prefer him with a bit more pudge in his face, but that's just me.
So here is my problem...I need to drop some weight to feel attractive enough to get out there and possibly get me some of that L motivation, but I need the L motivation to get my lazy ass out of bed in the morning and drop some weight...circular, no ?

No comments: