Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DAY 19 review...


This blog entry was supposed to be about the special election and all the excitement and beauty of the democratic process at its finest...but enough has been said about this subject by me elsewhere...today my beautiful 23 year old daughter trusted me enough to come to me with a problem. A big problem: one that could have devastating implications for her if she did not do the right thing...I think I did okay. She talked, I listened. I gave my opinion, but did not judge...I supported her in a choice I don't agree with, because it is her life, after all, and she must live it and learn lessons (sometimes the hard way...but I hope not)on her own.
What struck me about this encounter with my daughter was her honest appraisal of herself, the situation, and the possible consequences of her choice...when did she grow into such a... well... grown-up? I hope her groundedness serves her well in this choice she's made...if not, she knows that she has a place to turn...forever.

No comments: