Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 5...review


For as many years as I have been writing, I have been dreaming of one day holding a book written by me in my hands. I imagined the feel of the pages flipping through my hands, the weight of the thing as I held it, the smell...you know what I mean...books have a smell all their own. So today, when my book Chosen went LIVE on Kindle, I was somewhat disappointed. The experience was not as tactile as I would have hoped...no heft, no smell, no flipping through the pages.
I bought my own book (another fantasy fulfilled)then a few friends did too...and I realized that I was a bonafide author...with sales! Okay, so I didn't get the cool letter from NY asking if I would accept a six figure advance and be open to selling the movie rights...But you know what? I am still a freaking author with sales!!!! Now to get folks to read and rate the book five-star which will lead to more sales...and more writing.

No comments: