Sunday, January 17, 2010

DAY 17..."no, I am not depressed....just stupid."


Tonight as I was home alone sitting on my comfy couch with a glass of Il Bastardo watching a movie, I was suddenly aware of a tingling in my fingers and lips...like I was hyperventilating. I was not. I started to pay more attention to my body and noticed a dizzy sensation...then I smelled it...something like rubber burning I thought. It wasn't. What it was, was my car running in my garage ( my attached closed garage) for over 4 and a half hours. I opened all the windows and the garage door, then I called my daughter and then my mom...both said I should call the fire department...I did. First the cruiser showed up and the nice policeman wanted to know what had been bothering me today...ummm nothing. Then the EMT's asked if I wanted to tell them anything about what I'd done...ummm, I left my car on in the garage. The firemen ran the meter in my home a deemed it safe, and said over the radio, that "things looked normal" in there.
"Are you depressed miss?" "No, seriously...I'm just stupid."
The thing that saved me from a trip to the ER for a psych evaluation, was my still full glass of wine sitting on the coffee table in front of my paused movie...yeah maybe she is just stupid...they left me and my 6 parts per million to finish my wine.

No comments: